10 Ways To Create Top Content
Once upon a time…
Stories, as humans we are rather partial to them be that the fairy tales and adventure stories we are read as children or the anecdotal escapades of our friends down the pub.
We like to listen to stories, particularly ones which make us smile, or ones where an underdog has risen up and succeeded in something spectacular.
Creating content to promote our brands and business can be tricky. How can we become the masters of storytelling which all the ‘influencers’ say we should be? How can we also tell these stories and make them appealing to humans who, it is now thought, have a rapidly decreasing attention span, and in a age where technology is also changing so quickly.
Here are 10 ideas for you which we hope might help you tell your story:
- Don’t be the hero. While it is tempting to think that you are the hero of your stories it is even more engaging if it’s your customers/buyers/contributors who become the hero. Shout out about their successes and achievements, and yes, occasionally shout out about your own too, but not all the time.
- Create content which speaks to your buyers but also to the people who are interested in your knowledge around your business (e.g. if you are an accountant people will be interested in accountancy facts/legislation/tips to save money).
- Think about what content you can create, the channels you want to use to distribute it and what you want people to do? (click on a link, read an article, watch a video, call you up).
- Channels to use: include Periscope, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn – you don’t need to be on them all.
- Have a blogging/news area on your website and write about your staff, behind the scenes, customer successes, new industry insights, for example.
- Have a YouTube channel and post videos which you can link back to. Video content has one of the largest engagement percentages.
- Share industry relevant white papers, re-inforcing your expertise and knowledge.
- Post status updates : what are you up to/reading/listening to/watching/working on.
- Send people back to landing pages on your website for the opportunity to sell product and services.
- Post pictures and infographics of easily digestable information.
Lastly, if there is the opportunity to make someone smile, go for it, the World needs more smiles.